Monday 14 June 2010

Feature on short story writers becoming novelists

Just wanted to let you all know that the feature I wrote for Writers' Forum about short story writers who go on to become novelists (and novelists who never write short stories!) has been accepted for publication. So thanks again to all those who helped by contributing - I know lots of people who follow other blogs came over here to 'vote', and I had a great response - couldn't have done it without you.

I haven't got a date for publication yet but I'll let you know when I do. It might be worth mentioning, for anyone considering writing for WF, that the editor, Carl, has told me he's using less stand-alone features now and filling the mag more with series. He's also absolutely snowed under, and isn't likely to need any more features this year.

This is the third feature I've had accepted by WF but it looks like there won't be any more for a while! But this one did involve a lot of work and research so it's particularly gratifying to know it's not going to be wasted.

5 comments:

  1. Congratualtions, I'll look forward to reading it :o)

    Thanks too for the heads-up. I was actually thinking of submitting something the other day, but I won't bother now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the piece. I look forward to seeing it. And yes, thanks for the info about individual articles for WF.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you all. Apparently WF is now going to appear 12 times a year instead of 11, but this seems to have made things even busier for the editor and he has more than enough articles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done! I look forward to reading it.

    ReplyDelete